Thursday, December 4, 2008

annie's a hospital pro now!!!

Annie did SO good today! She was pretty nervous but has kept saying all day long that "it wasn't as bad as I thought...". We got to the hospital at about 7 a.m. and checked in.
She had the BEST nurse ever!! She was so sweet to Annie and made getting the I.V. a breeze!
Annie loved the nice warm blankets they kept putting on her but got a little teary when we walked to the surgery room. They let me stay with her until she was completely out so she didn't see me go.
One of the first things she asked for in the recovery room, after a drink of water, was her purple ipod so she could listen to David Archuleta's new cd. What a fan!!!
The doctor came and got me and told me the good news/bad news. He didn't find anything abnormal during the procedure--he sent some tissue to be biopsed (sp?). Anyway, it's still a hit and miss game to find a medicine to help her stomache, but we"re sure grateful for the outcome today!!!

6 comments:

Steve said...

Annie,
Mom says that you were very brave. I am proud of you. I know it was not easy, but hopefully this will be the beginning of the end. I love you very very much.
P.S. nice pictures!

Karly and Nick said...

I am so proud of Annie! Going to hospitals is never easy! I hope they can find the right fix for her! I hope you are back to normal soon Annie! We love you!

Haskell Family said...

I was thinking about you this morning!! It sounds like it went well..for being in a hospital! Annie you are a trooper. I hope they can figure something out soon.

Lindsey Stubler said...

Annie is such a sweetheart. I'm glad they're gonna figure out how they can help her. Love ya, Annie Banan-e!

Ryan and Summer said...

The kids and I left a comment yesterday, but we don't see it... that's strange. Anyway, You are so brave. McKay says 20 times braver than him. That's good that the doctors are working on a way to make you feel better. We are thinking of you and love you Annie!! Love Olsons in WY

Trista said...

The pictures aren't that bad. :D I'm also praying they find an answer for you!