Wednesday, June 3, 2009

he's still my "baby"


today was "technically" alex's last day of 9th grade. we don't count tomorrow's lagoon day and friday's yearbook day as anything important. they had the 9th grade awards ceremony today to honor outstanding students in different categories. when alex's language arts teacher called me last week to tell me that he had scored the highest on the crt tests they'd given, she also told me that they'd be honoring him this morning at the assembly. she said 2 other teachers wanted him to be honored in THEIR category, but she got him!!! we were supposed to keep it a surprise and actually did--steve and i went this morning and were so proud to see him up on stage. his teacher read such nice things about him and he got a huge LOUD cheer from his classmates. he is still my baby--even though he turns 15 next week--and i love him so much. we are proud of the young man he's become and look forward to seeing what great things he'll do in the future. YAY ALEX!!!

3 comments:

Karly and Nick said...

What a great boy! I can't believe he is getting so big!

Just tonight I was telling Nick I am going to be one of those Mom's that does not handle milestones well!

Haskell Family said...

That is AWESOME! Congrats!

Ryan and Summer said...

Congrats Alex!! 10th grade? Really? Sure is growing up fast. Can't wait to see you all this summer.