Thursday, May 28, 2009

here's to not getting crushed!!!


Alex started Sophomore football yesterday at Copper Hills. They had their first Spring training session and those guys are BIG BOYS (and very hairy!!!) I was going to just drop him off and go back home, but decided to stay a minute and watch the drills. Well, that "minute" turned into the whole 2 hours! I sat WAAAAAAAAY off in the distance with a few more Sophomore moms (hidden so the boys wouldn't be embarrassed that their mommies were watching them...). Alex did just great--I was proud. Hopefully, there won't be too many cuts--they have enough uniforms for about 60 players per grade. I'll keep you up to date. So, raise your glass of Diet Coke with me and toast to Alex not getting killed while playing football.....

1 comment:

Karly and Nick said...

That is great! Nick was so glad he was trying out. Nick just loved it and playing was so much a part of him! But as a Mom, it is a bit nerve racking!

I cannot believe he will be a sophmore!

We are comging to Cam's wedding...planning on Collin's but not sure of schedules yet!