Monday, May 4, 2009

...and the winner was...

...NOT Megan, darnit! She was beat out by 2 boys for 8th grade representative. I am surprised at how well she took the news. I thought that if she lost, the drama would be more than we BOTH could handle, but she's okay. Megan had a super sweet friend come over tonight with a Skor candy bar that she had written, "You Skord with me" on it which made Megs happy. She said she'll try again next year (luckily that's like 365 days away...) I honestly can't believe she is willing and wanting to put herself out there like that--who's daughter is she??? As we all learn in kindergarten, "Oh well....maybe next time!"

2 comments:

Lindsey Stubler said...

Dang it, May. I'm proud of you anyway. I think it's amazing that you even had enough courage to do that, because I think it would be SO hard! I'm glad that you know it's okay, and I am so happy to hear that you'll try it again. I love you, May.

Marianne said...

Oh Megan, I'm so proud of you! I was never brave enough to run for office in junior high...what a girl!