Wednesday, August 27, 2008

my poor baby taylor...

this poor kid has had a rough 1st 8 months! between rsv, tubes in his ears and this new surgery--DANGIT! he got ahold of a dangling earring and swallowed it last night. it was lodged in his esophogus (sp?) and had somthing called an " emergency esophogectologmy" or something like that last night (does 1 a.m. still count as night?) up at primary childrens hospital. he needed an i.v. (which they had to put in his head!) and a breathing tube and they went in with a telescope thing to pull the earring out. crazy! what did the pioneers do if their baby swallowed something?!? anyway, taylor is so forgiving and been back to his sweet little self today. what a crazy, crazy night!!!

3 comments:

Haskell Family said...

We missed you today! I hope that Taylor feels better soon! Keep us posted as to how he's doing...

That One Guy said...

Holy crap! It's awesome you kept your wits; I would have had to change my pants... and probably would've been asked to leave the room from hysteria.

Way to go, Mom!

Ryan and Summer said...

Oh darn it, so sorry about Taylor, and here I was texting you all day. So sorry, I didn't know. That poor kid, he has been through a lot!! How scary! I am so sorry. We love you guys, especially little Taylor, give him a hug and kiss from us!!